When the wall has studs; it is preferable in every case to screw into the studs for maximum strength using a small pilot hole. Where studs are 600mm apart it is advisable to use a wallmate or similar plasterboard fixing in-between.
Articles in this section
- What stops the hangers from sliding down the rail on a sloped/raked ceiling?
- What are the measurements of the FD - D rings?
- Do you ship overseas?
- Do the rails need to be screwed into a stud wall?
- Do you have any packs to reduce the costs of the individual components?
- Can the Locator rail be taken down if we move house?
- What can be used on brick walls?
- How much do you charge for delivery?
- Can we cut the rails in specific sizes?
- What spacing do I install the fixings?